Friday, September 18, 2009

Hello form Richmond, VA

Dear Reader,

I'm writing to you this evening from a cozy little chair in the Richmond International Airport. I flew in on Wednesday night for business, but i have to admit that the last few days have felt like this trip was for pleasure. I've been gifted with the opportunity to work with a team of individuals that truly know the meaning of kindness and respect. It has been a wonderful experience.

As you may know, Los Angeles is my home and i have often said i would never live anywhere else. But i have to admit that there are other parts of the world that are quite lovely too. For example, i love the serenity of the abundant foliage in Richmond. The highways (not freeways) are gorgeously adorned and the architecture of the beautiful homes is plain old breath-taking. The only thing i regret is not being able to enjoy this place with my wife. Maybe on one of my next trips.

Speaking of my beautiful wife... i often wondered, before getting married, what it would be like to share a bed with someone permanently. i thought I'd get tired of it, hate it, and ask for nights to myself, where i could sprawl out like a starfish and enjoy the spaciousness. But i must admit, we've been living together for 9 months now, and on my 3-day trip away from home, it's been so difficult to sleep without her. i find myself curling up on "my side" of the bed, cuddling a pillow, wishing it was her. I no longer know what it means to sleep alone and I'm not sure i like it anymore either!

Despite how lovely this trip has been, i can't wait to get back home, to hold her in my arms again and tell her she's my # 1, my only one. We've been through so much in the last year, and i honestly believe we have so much to cherish because of it. I am grateful, every day, for every moment we get to share. She is everything to me and i am so proud of the wonderful woman she is. This month we accomplished so much. We went out to dinner with her aunt and uncle, and for the first time ever, they saw her for the intelligent and accomplished woman that she is. And for the first time ever, my parents acknowledged her as my other half, and invited her over to spend time with them while i was away. She inspires me every day to be better and better, in spite of all the challenges i face, whether they're just in my head or they're real. Let's admit, i tend to be a worry wart even in the most unnecessary circumstances. And somehow, only she knows how to calm me down again.
As for Mr. And Lady Capulet... they still hate me. They are still praying on a daily basis that something terrible will happen to me. so i ask you please, to pray that nothing terrible will happen and that i will be healthy enough to live a long life... one in which i will be able to make my lovely wife as happy as she makes me every day!
Making a difference in the world one person at a time,
--Sullivan

No comments: